A strong leader demonstrates a unique ability to guide and inspire others, which in turn contributes to the effective and efficient functioning of a strong community.
The MG (R) Lee & Terry Baxter Excellence in Leadership Award, recognizes Lawton Fort Sill area individuals who have demonstrated excellence in leadership through local understanding and outstanding initiatives benefiting the community. The award is created to honor and encourage exemplary community-driven and innovative leaders in the Lawton Fort Sill community.
A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” — John C. Maxwell
Individual Award Criteria:
The Recipient Must…
- Inspire and encourage personal and professional development in others;
- Build strong relationships that support a high level of trust and credibility;
- Adapt readily to new situations;
- Effectively persuade others using keen or organizational awareness;
- Mentor citizens, creating a culture of respect that is conducive to community achievement;
- Actively seek ways to advance beyond the status quo;
- Implement change in a positive manner and strive to ensure its success;
- Demonstrate ability to stir the pot for positive, fresh impact;
- Maintain perseverance in the face of adversity;
LLFS Award Criteria:
The Recipient Must…
- Support and make exemplary contributions to help accomplish the mission and goals of Leadership Lawton Fort Sill, thereby enhancing the quality of life in Lawton Fort Sill;
- Collaborate with other community leaders for the betterment of Leadership Lawton Fort Sill and community;
- Promote awareness of and participate in the activities of the Leadership Lawton Fort Sill programs;
- Continue to demonstrate superior leadership skills in the Lawton Fort Sill community through the various initiatives and programs of Leadership Lawton Fort Sill;
- Contribute to the success of other community initiatives that benefit those outside Leadership Lawton Fort Sill by collaborating within and among other community groups.
- LLFS Board of Directors calls for, accepts, and review nominations
- The LLFS Board of Directors decides the annual award winner based on criteria above
Nominations will be accepted at a later date.