Who can apply?
- Leadership Lawton-Fort Sill is open to all adult applicants who reside in SW Oklahoma.
- Application deadline is June 28.
- Personal interviews may be conducted at the discretion of the LLFS Selection Committee.
- Candidates selected will be notified by August 1.
Apply to become a member of our next Leadership Lawton of Ft. Sill Class!
- Complete each section fully.
- Limit answers to space available.
- Application must be typed (a computer-generated application may be submitted, provided the exact structure and format of this form is followed – use 10 or 12 point font).
- Any application deviating from this form shall not be considered for selection.
- Application provided must be signed by the applicant and his/her employer.
- A $25 non-refundable application fee must be included with your application (purchase orders acceptable).
- Submit your original application, and 3 additional copies, with tuition to:
- Leadership Lawton-Fort Sill
P.O. Box 6754
Lawton, OK 73506
- Leadership Lawton-Fort Sill
- Applications MUST be postmarked by June 28th.
Please email questions to Applications@llfsok.com.
What’s the commitment?
- Attendance at orientation and the retreat is mandatory.
- Class members are expected to attend every session in its entirety. Absence from more than two (2) sessions, by any class member during the class session year could result in dismissal from the program without refund of tuition. The dismissed individual may reapply for a future class. Class sessions are usually one full day (8 am to 5 pm) per month; however, some exceptions may occur. Regardless of the number of class hours per session, all class members are expected to attend the full session. In addition, class members will be scheduled to meet monthly in small groups for mentoring sessions.
- Tuition is $695.00. A $25.00 (non-refundable) application fee is due with your application. Upon receipt of your acceptance letter, you are committed to the full tuition payment, which is due before orientation. After orientation, no tuition will be refunded. An installment plan of up to 3 payments will be considered for class members not sponsored by a business with full payment due by November 29th.
Tentative Class Topics
- Economic Development
- Fort Sill and National Security
- Health Services
- The Arts
- State and Federal
- Criminal Justice
- Human Services
- Leadership Training
How are class participants chosen?
The most important factor in Leadership Lawton Fort Sill’s (LLFS) selection process is the identification of those individuals most likely to use their leadership for the long-term benefit of the community. LLFS selects individuals who possess a desire for a deeper understanding of the Lawton Fort Sill area and who have a sincere commitment to serve in this community. In addition, participants are selected to represent the diversity of the community. Factors considered in the selection process include:
- Organizational Leadership – Past, present and potential leadership roles in organizations and business activities.
- Community Involvement- Past, present or desired future involvement in elective or volunteer capacities.
- Motivation – How motivated is the individual to take full advantage of the opportunity offered by LLFS, and stay active as a LLFS member?
- Time Commitment – Ability and interest to complete the LLFS program and to contribute to the Lawton-Ft. Sill community in the future.
Our selection committee reviews your application against these criteria as demonstrated by your essay responses and your letters of recommendation; take your time when completing the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The selection committee considers only those items included in your application, so there is no benefit to having additional calls of support placed to the office. Because of the large number of quality applicants and the limitation in class size, many LLFS members are not selected for their classes on their initial applications. That is NOT necessarily a reflection of your application quality. In order to achieve a well-balanced class, sometimes many truly wonderful applicants are not selected the first time they apply. Applicants are strongly encouraged to re-apply the following year.
Participants will be chosen by the Leadership Selection Committee based upon the information provided on this application. Leadership Lawton-Fort Sill does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion or national origin. Representation will be sought from a cross-section of the community. Due to limited class size, applicants who are not selected are encouraged to reapply for the next Leadership class.